ER Manager needed for a great business…
Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Salary: Circa £50-55k per annum
Contract type: Maternity cover contract 12 months (to start asap)
We think that this business is a bit special…
This business has a strong reputation for a quality product which is just one reason why people would want to work for them. You would have the opportunity to join a great HR team that we know well, they really know what good looks like, they work hard but the team really do pull together to make working there so positive.
What will be keeping you busy?
You lead the Employee Relations function, looking after a team of nine who in turn support a national business from its Hertfordshire base.
You will be responsible for the motivation and development of the ER Advisor team to ensure they are fully competent in all aspects of ER and critical case management. Using mentoring and coaching techniques you will support an evolving approach to such areas as performance management and the deliver of management training to ensure the team are providing commercial support to line managers collaboratively alongside the HR Business Partners. You will:
- Lead the design and planning of all employee relation programmes, policies and procedures in line with employment law and business requirements.
- Where required, manage the allocation and prioritisation of workload. Produce accurate case and call management statistics in order to proactively review the service being provided to the business by the Advisory Team.
- Take ownership for the implementation of any new employee relation initiatives. Work closely with depot/support managers to develop an understanding of the business and to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with managers and colleagues at all levels.
- Build effective working relationships in order to influence compliance with policy and procedures through 37 Area Managers and 9 Regional Managers
- Proof read Tribunal defences prepared by the Advisor team, Advise on risk and financial exposure in collaboration with Company Solicitors and negotiate Tribunal settlements.
- Work with external suppliers to ensure that all ER related systems provide maximum effectiveness to HR and their customers.
- Ensure all data protection policies and processes are correctly communicated and strictly adhered to (also in line with GDPR) at all time including telephone, email and correspondence.
Who are we looking for?
The role holder must be able to demonstrate leadership, commercial focus and resolution to challenging and unprecedented cases with reference to legislation, case law and personal experience. This role will also need to set an exemplary standard of professionalism and organisation, also developing means of gaining greater business insight.
You will need the ability to work at both a strategic and operational level, to assess potential problems and make sound judgements around issues that may have an adverse effect on the business. It is essential you have strong people management skills, gained through managing and developing teams, as well as the high level of expertise in ER.
We are also looking for sensitive people skills: a high level of emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills.